Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: NSW General Weather - Day to Day

NSW General Weather - Day to Day 13 Feb 2013 14:53 #1

I thought I would create this thread for any general weather that doesn't need a specific thread of its own.

I was originally going to start a thread for the widespread unstable conditions GFS is forecasting this week, but in the absence of any trigger I am thinking that not much will happen, with the exception of today and tomorrow where a low pressure trough lies in the west of the state.

Currently there are pulse storms in the Lower Western where DPs are high (Ivanhoe reached 19.9c at 2:30pm), and also isolated high-based storms in the western Riverina. Steering shear is weak so they won't be long lasting, but good to be under for lightning shots.

Don't think I have seen that much activity on the Mildura for a while!
Nathan Morris
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: NSW General Weather - Day to Day 13 Feb 2013 14:55 #2

STW from the BoM issued half an hour ago.
TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for DAMAGING WIND
For people in parts of the
Lower Western Forecast District.
Issued at 3:27 pm Wednesday, 13 February 2013.
Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce damaging winds in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Wentworth, Menindee and Balranald.
www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65156.shtml
Nathan Morris
Last Edit: 13 Feb 2013 14:56 by NathanMorris.

Re: NSW General Weather - Day to Day 27 Feb 2013 10:13 #3

A few mm for yesterday I think, someone (me) forgot to empty the gauge after putting the sprinkler on a couple nights earlier. Very humid, currently an advancing rain mass from the north inching ever so slowly. Most models are indicating at least 30mm today and tonight, heaviest with the passage of the front. Should be our first good rain for a while.
Nathan Morris

Re: NSW General Weather - Day to Day 27 Feb 2013 13:38 #4

IDN65156
Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
New South Wales

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

SEVERE THUNDERSTORM WARNING
for HEAVY RAINFALL

For people in the South West Slopes, Riverina, Snowy Mountains and parts of the Southern Tablelands, Central West Slopes and Plains and Australian Capital Territory Forecast Districts.

Issued at 2:32 pm Wednesday, 27 February 2013.

Severe thunderstorms are likely to produce heavy rainfall that may lead to flash flooding in the warning area over the next several hours. Locations which may be affected include Cooma, Wagga Wagga, Albury, West Wyalong, Tumbarumba, Deniliquin, Griffith, Hay and Narrandera.

30mm of rainfall in 60 minutes to 2:00pm at Cabrumurra AWS.

www.bom.gov.au/products/IDN65156.shtml
Nathan Morris
Moderators: shama
Time to create page: 0.219 seconds

Upcoming Events

No events

Member Login

Type in your username and password to login to the site.